CHANGE OF SEASON
David Jones Autumn Winter 2016
When I was putting this shoot together the family and I were literally about to pack our bags and head north on a road trip. Camping, surfing and holiday adventure were on my mind so when I saw the AW2016 collections now available in David Jones it was complete serendipity. Romanticised by the coming change of season I was inspired to style a way to walk your children’s wardrobe into the cooler months through adventure and play.
Photography Sam Elsom | Creative Direction + Styling Sheree Commerford
- Photography | The art of photography can captivate young minds and encourage their imagination. Make an old school camera mandatory play this season like these Little Marc Jacobs jeans and Junior by David Jones long sleeve tee and cap.
- Picking Flowers | No device, money or toys needed. Just time to enjoy the last days of summer in this denim long sleeve playsuit and short leather boots from SEED.
- Exploring | Anywhere anytime. You will need some sturdy boots for the hike like these suede tan lace ups from Country Road that will get more rugged as they get more worn. All explorers need their boots to tell the tale.
- Ahoy Sailor | Rug up against the sea breeze as you sail into winter with these classic cords and nautical stripe knit from Junior by David Jones. No shoes, pants rolled up, neck kerchief. Think rusty old sea dog.
- The Journal | Get them to take photo’s, write thoughts and draw pictures to keep as travel memories for both of you. Layering is the key. It will see them through the warmer days at the beginning of the season to the colder ones down the track. Junior by David Jones chunky cardigan layered over Little Marc Jacobs jeans and collared shirt.
- Treasure | Collecting and curating treasures is every little girls dream activity. Make sure they wear something warm with pockets to keep their finds and a hat to shield the winter sun. Animal print jacket, skirt and felt hat by Country Road.
- Hooked | Fishing with your kids is something special. It’s a really simple way to share so much that’s important in regard to the earth and each other. Just remember to wear something like this Witchery bomber jacket, hoody and textured jean to stay dry and warm on those late afternoons and early mornings.
- By The Seaside | Being by the sea makes children so healthy and so tired all at the same time, the perfect combination just like these Country Road stripe tights, denim skirt, polkadot knit and paisley scarf with the fringed short leather boots.
- Campfire | No words needed. Nights around the campfire roasting marshmallows and telling stories by the fire. This all purpose khaki utility coat from Witchery is a season staple.
- Singalong | What’s any road trip or family holiday without a singalong. Junior by David Jones knit.
- The Big Chill | Don’t let the big chill this winter keep you cooped up inside with the little ones. This pink Witchery long line puffer is so darn cute and so darn warm it’s a great excuse to be outside.
SHOP David Jones Autumn Winter 2016
Thanks to Mamapapa for the wonderful props